Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jcreasey

jcreasey

This weekend I had a go at making some cigar pens.
I really like how this one turned out.
I'm not mad about the mechanism for these though. It just feels a bit clunky to me. Is there some way to tune them up?

2016-03-20 21-07-27 (C).jpg
2016-03-20 21-14-19 (B,Radius8,Smoothing4).jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcreasey

Love the colors. Is that the Bengal tiger blank?

I don't know what it's called. I just picked it up when I was at the store. It came up much better than I imagined. I find that happens all the time. It's half the fun of this hobby so I always like to try new ones!

jcreasey

That blank looks great! I haven't had any trouble with rough transmissions in cigar pens. What brand kit is it?

I got them from timberbits.
I think it's slipping where the tubes connect. Maybe a drop of CA will sort it out.

magpens

I have made many cigars but none from Timberbits. Never had a "clunky" problem ... transmissions have always operated very smoothly for me.

jttheclockman

That blank looks great! I haven't had any trouble with rough transmissions in cigar pens. What brand kit is it?

I got them from timberbits.
I think it's slipping where the tubes connect. Maybe a drop of CA will sort it out.

Be careful what you are gluing in. Not sure how those kits come apart but on other cigar kits you pull the top off to change the refill or unscrew the nib. Plus outgassing on CA could have an effect on the finish used for the pen. Maybe call David at Timberbits and explain what is happening. He is a good guy to work with. A member here as well.

Top Bottom