Cigar pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

This Cigar pen was made from a blank that a friend of mine casted. It really looks a lot better then the picture. These home made resins seem to turn easier then the blanks you buy.

CigarPenBronz.jpg

R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lou

Very nice looking pen...I think I smoked one that looked a lot like that, but that was in the '60's so what do I know? There's a reason that the home-made resin blanks turn easier. They are polyester which is inherently "softer" than celluloid and acetate, which is the material in a number of suppliers blanks.

G

Originally posted by WoodChucker
<br />Thanks everyone!

And yes, he did a great job on this blank. I think I could pass it off as wood. [:D]

R.T.
Now that one reminds me of chocolate milk.I'd love to see that in person, along with many others I've seen posted.

elody21

Very nice color and pen! If you add more catalyst the blanks get harder! I put too much in one time and it wasn't pleasant. The blank had a blow out while drilling and when I way trying to glue the piece back on I dropped it and it shattered in a million pieces!!
PS what brand of brown did you use ? I have been looking for a chocolate brown. Alice

WoodChucker

Thanks Eagle, if your ever in my neck of the woods just stop on by. [:)]

Alice, I think you missed my first post, I didn't make the blank, it was given to me from a friend that cast his own. Thanks!

R.T.

PenWorks

Sharp looking pen RT. Really looks nice, great color and shine to it. I just might have to cast a batch up like that !

Anthony

WoodChucker

Thanks guys, yeah I could use a few more friends like that too. I'm making a Patriot pen now from the same stuff and I think it's looking even better then this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom