Cigar pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

This one is made from Bocote and the kit is from Bill. Finish is friction polish.
CigBocote.jpg

R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Lets see if I can help ----the pen is perfectly clear.
Looks like you are doing the same thing I am---to much backgound.
I am going to try and cut down the space I ain't useing for the pen in a pic.
Hope this helps

Fred in NC

Digital cameras! and I thought I knew how to take pics. To me the pic of the cigar pen looks like it is very slightly out of focus.

Problem is digital cameras in the automatic mode have a mind of their own. I am relearning, this time from a thick manual that came with the camera.

As for the background, I usually take the pic as close as I can, using a tripod, and then crop as much background as I can.

WoodChucker

Thanks Gary, yeah I tried to fill the frame the best I could. But as you can tell, the sides run out before the top and bottom. Not sure what I could do about that.

Fred, I agree, it looks out of focus to me also. I have the camera on a tripod and I'm using the timer function, so I'm sure it's not from vibration. I've tried the program mode, shutter and the aperture priority modes and get pretty much the same results with each. Never had a problem with 35mm cameras, so I don't know if it's me or the camera settings. Oh well, didn't mean to get off topic, just wanted to know if it was my eyes or it was really out of focus. Thanks for the replies!

R.T.

WoodChucker

Thanks Mark, my scanner does a good job with the slimlines but anything bigger they start looking pretty bad. But I might play around with it again, I remember someone saying to cover top with a towel and that would help, so I'll see what it does.

R.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom