Cigar Illusion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

I don't know how kosher it is to post in two different threads. I also posted this in advanced pen making. Oh well.

I was just recently granted entrance into the Penmakers' Guild. This is the "masterpiece" submission that I sent in. It was a lot of fun to make over time. There are many versions with fine tuning that led to this one. There are still improvements to be made. I'm hoping to make these available to the local cigar shop. Any ideas on what I might charge for one? Can I sell a cigar pen that has a cigar company logo on it? Perhaps I need to sell to the company who makes the cigar? I'm still in process.

Comments and feedback are welcome.

Attachments

• TrueCigar-1.jpg
    TrueCigar-1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 223
  • TrueCigar-2.jpg
    TrueCigar-2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 232
  • TrueCigar-3.jpg
    TrueCigar-3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 242
  • TrueCigar-4.jpg
    TrueCigar-4.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 202
  • smokin_7657.jpg
    smokin_7657.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Wow that is pretty dang cool. I like the end looking like it had been smoked lol. Really great design and work on this one.

Mark

If you decide to sell them, I have two people that I'll get in touch with you. Nicely Done and congrats (again) :biggrin:

Bree

Wow wow wow! How did you hide the smoke?? It looks so realistic! Great job!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

phillywood

Martin, your craftsmanship is breath taking. I took along time looking at those pictures though. I have a qsn? wouldn't youget in trouble if you use those logos and market your product. I hate for your talent get tangled up in a legal dispute.

MartinPens

Trademark

Martin, your craftsmanship is breath taking. I took along time looking at those pictures though. I have a qsn? wouldn't youget in trouble if you use those logos and market your product. I hate for your talent get tangled up in a legal dispute.

To clear things up in this thread. I am not marketing this product. It is not for sale. I do know about Trademark and permissions. I have made contact with the cigar company and have requested to send a similar pen to the president of the company as someone suggested. I have also ask to be in touch with someone about permissions.
Thank you for your concern. You are so right and I'm on it! : )

Martin

wood128

Pen

Great looking pen Martin. It looks so much like a real cigar ! I always think it is really amazing how a very talented pen designer can take a piece of my wood , and make a beautiful and original new pen. If you can add the smoke with photo shop into the picture, that will really be a nice picture. Since the wood is cuban mahogany, maybe you could send one to Castro .
The export of the wood was banned a few years back. I can't wait to hear what happens next!
Joe

phillywood

Great looking pen Martin. It looks so much like a real cigar ! I always think it is really amazing how a very talented pen designer can take a piece of my wood , and make a beautiful and original new pen. If you can add the smoke with photo shop into the picture, that will really be a nice picture. Since the wood is cuban mahogany, maybe you could send one to Castro .
The export of the wood was banned a few years back. I can't wait to hear what happens next!
Joe

well,didn't Castro die yet. Maybe that chnges things around, BTW how did you get the wood?

Top Bottom