cigar and filligree

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevers

These are a couple I turned this week.
Comments and critiques please.

This first one is a cigar made with the Turquoise true stone from CSUSA. No finish, just 12,000 MM. (I have some plastic polish and Ren wax coming tomarrow) Yes that is an oops band by the nib, I blew the end off of it while turning. What do you think? good cover up?
2006555348_turq%20cigar%20post%202.jpg

This is my first Filligree from CSUSA. Antique gold celluloid blank. No finish as well, just 12,000 MM. Exuse the focus on this one, must have been lower res. on the camera.
2006555390_filligree%20post.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Nice cigar pen and great cover-up! I probably wouldn't have even noticed it unless I thought really hard about the cigar pen parts! It blends in perfectly and could even be a new design for cigars.

Johnathan

Looks good to me. With the non wood materials you might want to wet-sand with the MM, after that you can use your new plastic polish like a car polish (in circles) - with the lathe not running. Finish things off with the Ren wax and you have you'll have a great pen. [:D]

gerryr

Nice work on both, but I like the Cigar better. I have sold the Berea Flattop American filigree, but I don't care for the Euro version.

stevers

Thanks for the wondurfull comments guys. And Johnathan, your right, finish is still my weakest part. I'm working on it. I'm going to try the Enduro meathod as soon as I get some. Wood is my toughest finish chalange. I'll have to try wet sanding on non wood stuff. I'v heard it from a lot of folks on here.
Thanks again,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom