Cigar, Decked out in Sunday Best

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

I did a search on "Cigar" in the photo gallery that returned 439 photos of Cigar pens. Did not see any with a red center band or red trim rings.

2005109153911_RED1.jpg

Comments ok [:I]

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

How about? " Smart Aleck! Show Off!"

BTW, I don't think I saw anybody else do that! At least not that I recall, COOL!

Ron Mc

I like that look a lot! Great job and thanks for sharing the idea and pen with us Chuck.

woodscavenger

You've got me. I need a couple of [?] answered before my brain breaks. I understand the ring at the nib but....
1. How did you do the CB ring? Did you turn the normal black section down and slip the red ring over the top?

2. Is the finial ring slipped over the standard section or is there more to it?

Chuck Key

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />You've got me. I need a couple of [?] answered before my brain breaks. I understand the ring at the nib but....
1. How did you do the CB ring? Did you turn the normal black section down and slip the red ring over the top?

2. Is the finial ring slipped over the standard section or is there more to it?

Appreciate all the positive comments. Luckily, everyone sofar seems to like it.

Shane, The nib ring, the centerband and the finial rings were all turned down to remove the original black paint and replaced with the red material. The final ring just slips over the modified standard section with a little glue to hold it in place. The real question is how to remove the decorative dohickey from the very end so that piece can be turned down with out ruining the part.

Chuckie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom