Cigar with cast blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbostian

jbostian

Here is my second attempt at casting. Not exactly what I pictured in my head. It is suppoed to be a swirl pattern but the resin started setting up before I got it poured into the mold. I used a piece of pvc for the mold this time and it workd great. I also used some paint dispersions for the coloring. I wasn't sure how the dispersions would work with the resin. They mixed very well with the resin and the blank turned very nicely. So I will keep experimenting with them. Thanks for looking.

Jamie

Attachments

• Red&Yellow.jpg
    Red&Yellow.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Red&Yellow2.jpg
    Red&Yellow2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 172
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jmhoff10500

Looks like your mold idea worked out good! It looks like really good for a first cast! What brand of PR are you using?

jbostian

Looks like your mold idea worked out good! It looks like really good for a first cast! What brand of PR are you using?

Thanks. I am using Silmar 41. It is actually my second cast. I think I like the first one better but this one was easier with the round mold and the new color dispersions. Here is a pic of the first cast I did about a month ago.

Jamie

Attachments

• firstcast1.jpg
    firstcast1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 143

Bree

Both pens look very nice! You are getting better and better at this. You are gonna be dangerous soon!!
:eek::eek::eek:

Mark

I like them both. Congrats on getting a handle on the casting. Is the Silmar working better for you?

Top Bottom