Cigar in Bronze Fire - # 114

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EarlD

EarlD

Here's a Cigar Gold TN with a blank from ExoticBlanks called Bronze Fire. I wasn't impressed with the blank before turning as it looked rather bland. I'm pleasantly surprised. This was finished with my usual mm to 12k, Beall white diamond and was. The tubes were not painted on this one.

Suggestions and comments welcome, as always.

Earl

P1030502.jpg

P1030504.jpg

P1030513.jpg

P1030503.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Very nice Earl! You're right. That blank is rather bland until you give it a spin, but is a pleasant surprise once you start the finish sanding. I've used it a lot for the bullet section on 50 Cal pens.

BSea

Did you taint the tubes? It doesn't look like it. I've done one close to that, and the tubes actually enhance the look because the brass matches the highlight color in the blank.

And as will all your pen, great fit & finish.

EarlD

Did you taint the tubes? It doesn't look like it. I've done one close to that, and the tubes actually enhance the look because the brass matches the highlight color in the blank.

And as will all your pen, great fit & finish.

No, BSea, I did not paint the tubes. I don't think i can actually see any brass, but if I could I think it'd just look like part of the blank.

Earl

wizard

Earl, You are on a roll!! Another beauty. Looks great with the Cigar components. I love Dawn's magical handmade resins and you definitely displayed the fire in that blank with both your finish and photography! Thanks for sharing. Doc

ToddMR

Yeah, that blank is pretty nice once turned for sure. The pen looks great! You did well on the fit and finish.

Top Bottom