A Cigar and a Baron.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chris Hare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hare

The first is some eye candy from BB. The second is from a historic train shed that was torn down in Nashville recently.
What is your preference lining up the grain? Do you make it line up when the pen is closed or open[?]
Tell me what you think of these.

2005615174619_Eye%20candy%20cigar%20small-1.jpg

2005615174628_train%20baron%20small-1.jpg

Sorry for the king knog pictures

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
WOOOOW Chris... real big pics.. try to size them down to about 600 pixels wide at the most.. they will also probably appear clearer also...
As for grain alignement, I do it with the pen closed.
I popped the colors a bit better, I hope you don't mind...

2005615185341_Cigar.jpg
<br />

2005615185357_TrainBaron.jpg
<br />

JimGo

I'm with Tom; grain closed. GREAT looking pens! The Baron is especially nice, though I'd like to see you run a color correction algorithm on the pics too to get rid of the yellow tone to the second one, and the gray tone to the first one.

Chris Hare

See if this looks any better. I am using Microsoft Digital Image Suite 10 and there are to many options for a simple server guy like me. When I use the autocorrect for color did does not change. I may not have used the flash when taking that picture[V]

2005615182025_train%20baron%20small-1.jpg
<br />

JimGo

Thanks Chris, that looks a LITTLE better! If I get to go home tonight, I'll see if I can massage the pic a little more for ya. By the way, Microsoft's Digital Image Suite is pretty nice, isn't it? I have an older version, but it does most of the basics and presents the tools in a pretty easy to understand manner.

swm6500

Nice pens Chris. I like the grain alignment closed. I have a hard time with grain alignment on the Baron, seems like they screw together 4 different ways.

Chris Hare

The top one is Gold desert IronWood(?), I think the second one is some very old yellow pine. The train shed that it came from was built in the 1890's. The local woodcraft store was able to aquire some of the lumber and cut them up for pen blanks. I plan to donate a portion of each sale to the National Historic Trust fund. http://www.cr.nps.gov/nhl/DOE_dedesignations/Nashville%20Union.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom