Cigar Band Churchill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jharvey1309

jharvey1309

I've posted one of these here before but I thought I would show two more. The two pens have cigar bands that are hard to get a hold of these day and could be considered quite rare.

Both are cast in clear casting resin.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• habanos1994_off_web.jpg
    habanos1994_off_web.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 355
  • habanos-2000_off_web.jpg
    habanos-2000_off_web.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 303
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmanship

both look flawless, nicely done. Could you show a photo with the cap(s) posted as well, please?
Also, where do you get the materials to make the castings? (if you don't mind sharing that info) I see you're from Canada & I have been wanting to make my own blanks too....................this would be a cool was to start!!

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited:

Skye

One on the left is the clear winner. The black in the band looks great with the black in the kit.

jharvey1309

did you place the cigar band around the wooen blank and then CA it.?

No the tubes are painted with four coats of acrylic paint and then the band is glued to the tube. Standoffs are made and a pour of clear casting resin is poured into the molds where the painted tubes are. once it hardens I but them on the band saw and turn them.

jharvey1309

both look flawless, nicely done. Could you show a photo with the cap(s) posted as well, please?
Also, where do you get the materials to make the castings? (if you don't mind sharing that info) I see you're from Canada & I have been wanting to make my own blanks too....................this would be a cool was to start!!

Thanks,
Tim

I get my resin at plastic world in Toronto. It is not as cheap as the stuff you can get in the states but I can have it in 24hrs if I'm in a hurry.

If you need any info just PM me I'd be glad to offer any help I can.

Attachments

• habanos1994_posted_web.jpg
    habanos1994_posted_web.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 107
  • habanos2000_posted_web.jpg
    habanos2000_posted_web.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 105
Top Bottom