Cigar with Abalone Shell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eliasbboy

eliasbboy

This was a custom request and took a bit of trial and error but I think I got it right. Comments or critiques are always equally welcomed.

IMG_4280.jpg IMG_4307.jpg IMG_4323.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4279.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eliasbboy

Fantastic looking blanks and pen Michael !! Be interesting to know how you cast those colors. Jim S

Thanks Jim! I ordered the abalone those colors and simple cast clear. Some of the abalone I've had for over a year waiting for the nerve to try it. Lol.

OZturner

Beautiful Abalone / Cigar Michael.
Your blank is Superb, it is hard to see the the strip joints, well done.
Your Fit and Finish is Excellent.
Congratulations,
Brian.

seamus7227

Abalone always looks great!! I'm curious about all of the silvery/shiny "air" appearance on the blanks. Are you casting with pressure? Alumilite or PR?

Cmiles1985

The only constructive criticism I can offer is that you need to see if your results are repeatable. So, feel free to attempt repeating that blank and send it my way :biggrin:

That is an excellent pen! Well done on making that blank.

eliasbboy

Abalone always looks great!! I'm curious about all of the silvery/shiny "air" appearance on the blanks. Are you casting with pressure? Alumilite or PR?

Yeah, I saw those too. I used PR with no pressure. I haven't done enough casting to justify a pressure pot yet, in my head anyway. That may need to change tho.

Top Bottom