Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fernhills

fernhills

Hi, this is a Italian lucite,color is deeper in real life.. Carl

20081302021_Hpim0519.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Originally posted by penmanruss

Very nice, like the look: is that the lucite available from pipemakers supply? I have been of two minds as to whether to try their products or not. Thanks[^]
Hi every one and thanks for your reply..Tanner,i didn`t paint the tubes in this one,i held the drilled blank up to a bright light and slipped the tube in and i didn`t see anything so i went ahead in did the pen ....The blanks i got from the PEN WORKS,PENCHETTA on this site,I visit thier web page often and admire thier work.. Thanks Carlo

fernhills

Originally posted by simomatra

Very nice and a timely thread as I just received my first supply of lucite rod. Any pointer on turning and finishing?
Hi,it was just like acylic to turn,it got down to round real fast with my gouge,had to shapen my skew a couple of times as i was turning down to bushings,those wet shapeners are nice for that, real quick.I don`t know if it was me but it looked like it was smoking while i was turning down to size,so o backed off a little and went slower.It shines up real nice with MM.. Carl

pipeyeti

Originally posted by fernhills

Originally posted by penmanruss

Very nice, like the look: is that the lucite available from pipemakers supply? I have been of two minds as to whether to try their products or not. Thanks[^]
Hi every one and thanks for your reply..Tanner,i didn`t paint the tubes in this one,i held the drilled blank up to a bright light and slipped the tube in and i didn`t see anything so i went ahead in did the pen ....The blanks i got from the PEN WORKS,PENCHETTA on this site,I visit thier web page often and admire thier work.. Thanks Carlo

Not to take anything away from Anthony at Penchetta but yes that is the mint chocolat from Pipemakers emporium. I have many of thier rods and love them. Being a pipecarver as well I have been dealing with them for a few years and always get great service. They are also a good supply for vulanite rod, if you want to stink up your shop :). Also thier alchohol based analine dyes are nice for staining even very dense wood. I know it works great on briar wich is very hard.
Since joining this site I have had some very nice people give me good advice (including Anthony)and help and just want to pay that on. Penworks/Pencetta is a great source if you want to try a few pieces before you buy in bulk.

Top Bottom