Churchill Pen - Black Tru-STone w/Gold Matix

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

Turned this a couple weeks back. Wanted to see what the group thought of it. It was turned for a bank loan officer. I generally post on SMC because pens are just one of my hobbies but thought this one might deserve wider exposure.:)

Attachments

• IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1599.jpg
    IMG_1599.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1600.jpg
    IMG_1600.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 141
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

I like the color combination. Very classic. I see it has the improved metal coupler between the section and the body. I'm curious, is the fountain pen section 3 piece, with the nib, feed and a one piece molded plastic body, or is there a separate outer housing and inner nib holder threaded together?

Oh, yes, and where did you get the kit, if you remember?

Thanks
I'm doing an informal survey :)

JD Combs Sr

I like the color combination. Very classic. I see it has the improved metal coupler between the section and the body. I'm curious, is the fountain pen section 3 piece, with the nib, feed and a one piece molded plastic body, or is there a separate outer housing and inner nib holder threaded together?

Oh, yes, and where did you get the kit, if you remember?

Thanks
I'm doing an informal survey :)

The nib and nib holder with feed is one piece or at least I see no way to disassemble it short of ruining it. There is a gold accent ring that goes around the threaded end before it screws into the metal coupler. The kit came with both the plastic and metal coupler and I saw no reason to use the plastic one, just threw it into the back of a supply drawer on the maybe.

If I remember correctly the kit came from Berea Hardwoods.

Top Bottom