Churchill FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

This is my second fountain pen in two days. I didn't cast the blank, it was a freebie from BTW that came with a decent size order I made. It wasn't labeled but if I had to guess, I'd say it's a RhinoPlastic copper lightning. It didn't smell like Alumilite or PR, but after roughing a cylinder it turned like Alumilite and polished like PR - the best of both worlds. The kit is ok but none of the pieces are a very tight fit except for the finial bushing, which is the only piece I need the press for. I'm going to disassemble it and glue the hardware so it doesn't come loose over time.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Attachments

• IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 160
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

budnder

Very nice.

I like the round/retro look of the Churchill - kind of an under-rated kit I think. I put a Bock nib on the last one I did and tuned it up and it writes really nice.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I had a few failures in the last 2-3 weeks which were very frustrating. It's nice to have a productive weekend after that mess.

I usually don't comment on "fit and finish" but with the gallery View, you have nailed this one! Excellent work!

Thank you! I've been working on getting the tolerances of my pens as close as I can to specs. It's been my weak point so I'm spending extra time making sure I get a smooth transition from barrel to hardware. Lots of stopping & measuring!

Very nice.

I like the round/retro look of the Churchill - kind of an under-rated kit I think. I put a Bock nib on the last one I did and tuned it up and it writes really nice.

You know, I didn't think I was going to like this one, but after getting it together I was pleasantly surprised with how it looks. I was considering upgrading the nib to a Bock since I like how it turned out, and you've just made up my mind. Thanks!

Top Bottom