Churchill fountain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cdcarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcarter

Still working off that same piece of Redheart. Worst I ever saw for grabbing the tools (and yes, they were sharp and I was taking light cuts!), but got through it. Anyway, this is the first decent shot I've gotten to show the ca/blo finish I'm using now.

churchill_redheart_fountain081507.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

The more I see these Churchill pens, the more I want to try a few. The redheart makes the pen look classy.

Just curious, is redheart the same as bloodwood? I have some bloodwood and they look very similar.

George

Tuba707

George,
Redheart is a different wood than bloodwood. Bloodwood is quite a bit denser.

Carl, nice work, I love that deep red with the Churchill!

cdcarter

Tuba,

I've had a hard time finding out anything meaningful about redheart. I did read that a cubic foot weights 70 lbs, which is very dense. I'd be grateful for anything meaningful you could add or correct.

Originally posted by Tuba707
<br />George,
Redheart is a different wood than bloodwood. Bloodwood is quite a bit denser.

Carl, nice work, I love that deep red with the Churchill!

cdcarter

Gary,

I stayed away from them a long time because I was afraid the plastic receiver would feel cheap, but the weight provided by the coupling is just right. It's lighter than a Gentlemen's, and people who see and hold both seem to prefer the Churchill. This one is already sold ... a guy asked for it specifically ... unless he doesn't like it when he sees it.

Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />Carl,
Lovely pen. It looks great. Like George said, that makes me want to try the Churchill.

Tuba707

Hey Carl,
70lb/cu. ft is VERY dense - I don't know if that is accurate. Reason being that Brazilian Cherry (jatoba) has a density somewhere around there, and it is one of the densest woods around (along with blackwood, DI, ipe, snakewood, etc). The redheart that I have (from 2 different sources) is actually fairly light. It seemed to me to have a similar density to Black Walnut.

It's scientific name is Erythroxylon spp. and it is from Central America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom