Chukar Partridge and others..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I havent had much time to turn pens lately but found a few hours earlier today to finish these. I usually make the blanks and never get to turn them, but I picked these out for a friend. Im going hunting with him in the morning at a local hunt club and hope to score a few more birds. lol

The first is a Chukar Partridge on a Chrome/Gun metal Diplomat. The second is one of my favorite patterns of Ringneck Pheasant feathers on a Gold/Gun metal Diplomat. The third is a hen Ringneck Pheasant on a gold/black Diplomat, and the last one is another favorite pattern of Ringneck Pheasant feathers on a Gold/Gun metal Diplomat.

All comments welcome. Thanks, John

Attachments

• DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 540
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Great job, John. You have four excellent pens there. With luck you will have material for many more by this afternoon. Good luck on the hunt and be careful. Remember Channey and what he did to his hunt partner.
Charles

phillywood

Beautiful pens there John, and Charles you can't even compare Chaney to John, at least John has shown that he knows how to hunt and his pens are evidence of his talent, now Chaney that's another story. I am not even goign to comment on him.

ctubbs

Now Phillip, we are getting real close to going political.:eek: Sorry I led us down that forbidden path.:rolleyes::biggrin::laugh:
Charles

wizard

Beautiful pens!!! I got one of your feather blank sets in a Christmas gift basket! After seeing your pens and Joe's...time to turn them !!! Regards, Doc

omb76

Great looking pens as usual John!! My favorite pen that I use everyday is a Jr. Statesman made with blanks that you made from Ring Neck Pheasant feathers. Awesome stuff!!

JohnU

Thank you all. I like to try new patterns and feathers and hope to add a few more soon. These went over well and I managed to leave the hunt club with 26 more birds and a promise of more after this weekend. (keeping my fingers crossed) lol

robutacion

Thank you all. I like to try new patterns and feathers and hope to add a few more soon. These went over well and I managed to leave the hunt club with 26 more birds and a promise of more after this weekend. (keeping my fingers crossed) lol

OK so, the hunt went well and you brought home 26 birds with more coming after the weekend so, and for most of us that would concentrate on the meat and dispose of the feathers, allow me to ask you this question, what do you do with the birds meat...???:eek: any spare I can score...??? a wishful thinking making me hungry...!:frown:

BTW, those pens are excellent looking...!:wink:

Cheers
George

phillywood

OK so, the hunt went well and you brought home 26 birds with more coming after the weekend so, and for most of us that would concentrate on the meat and dispose of the feathers, allow me to ask you this question, what do you do with the birds meat...???:eek: any spare I can score...??? a wishful thinking making me hungry...!:frown:

BTW, those pens are excellent looking...!:wink:

Cheers
George

George, by the time he gets them to you they would be Bird jerky, I guess.:biggrin:

JohnU

Lol, George if you were a little closer i would give you some meat. I love to eat them as much as I love to hunt them. This time all the meat went to my parents and the other two hunters. My friend works there and is able to get me the pelts after other hunters have their birds cleaned so unfortunately I dont get that meat but I do get the feathers. After fleshing, cleaning and drying the pelts. ( about 3 weeks) they are transformed into pens. lol.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Those pens look amazing. Do you have a web site or some way that I could aquire some feather blank?

John's blanks are posted on www.exoticblanks.com when he has a number of them available. They usually are purchased within the first two days. So, keep an eye out. (HINT: There is a box here now, I expect the blanks will "go up" tonight or tomorrow--Dawn is working on it now--when they are all entered and checked, it becomes "public" and then they are gone, soon)

Thanks for asking!!!

Old Lar

Didn't see these until this afternoon. Great pens, John. I really like the chukar. We had them on the ranch where I grew up. Fastest flying birds that you ever saw. Again, nice job on the pens.

JohnU

John I am a huge fan of your feather blanks!! Ever do a peacock?

Hi Toni, thanks. I have done peacock. They turn a little dark when put in the resin but ive sold many so some one must like them. Lol. I'll have some in the next batch around the middle of Feb. So you can check them out.

Top Bottom