Chrome or Rhodium Citizen with Japanes Ebonite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

I only discovered this kit last week after exploring R&B Craft's website. I really like it. The CB is actually part of the writing section which is something different - at least for me. The tubes are drilled 12.5 and 10.5m, but are the same length (as the cap section). It uses Jr Gent bushings. I also bought the Japanese ebonite (it's black and blue marbled - although it looks green before you turn it) from R&B. I received an order from a police department that wants to give it to the retiring officer, so the black and blue was appropriate police department colors. The ebonite finished beautifully using the buffing system. However, it got scratched when I applied the Maguire's 205 to remove the residual buffing compound dust. I returned the blanks to the buffing wheels, removed the fine scratches, and used Novus 1 (not an abrasive) as a way to remove the residual buffing powder and clean it up. I did that by hand, not on a rotating lathe. I guess ebonite, or at least this type is softer than other non-wood materials.

As usual here is my Ansel Adams-like photo LOL.

Attachments

• Citizen with Japanese Ebonite.jpg
    Citizen with Japanese Ebonite.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 385
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Beautiful, Tony !!! . It would be nice to see it with the cap off to show off that center band you like.

TonyL

You are right, but the last time I tried to hold both sections in hand, I dropped the pen LOL. I have stands, light boxes, etc...I am just too lazy to use them.

The center band is the geometric stamped ring...I don't even know if that is really called a center band. It is more like a decorative and wide fixed trim ring. It's a nice kit; I am surprised that I don't see more of them. Thanks!

Top Bottom