Chrome Rhinehart with Hut's Resin Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

I wasn't thrilled with the geometry of the cap and center bands when completing my first one months ago. This time I turned the barrels wider and liked the lines much better.

I heard the Rhinehart may not be offered any more(?).

Attachments

• rhinehart blue huts blank.jpg
    rhinehart blue huts blank.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 298
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

You did a great job of that pen, Tony ! . I like the wider profile you have given it.

I believe the Rinehart kit may be destined to follow the Dodo if it hasn't already.

TonyL

I actually regretted buying them (about 4) after I turned the first one. However, it is not bad. That one will be auctioned-off for Guatemalan missions. I continue to be impressed with those Hut's resin blanks: totally opaque, turns, sands, and finishes very easily and they have some nice weight to them.

Thanks for the feedback.

CREID

I kept looking at the Rhinehart, but could never talk myself into it. They kinda look cool in some ways but then again not. It doesn't make sense to me either, but that's what went through my mind every time I looked at them. I think the turning you did and that blank went with the kit.

TonyL

Thanks. Well...I don't see it offered by Berea anymore...so I think our feelings may have shared by many more. Maybe...they will enjoy a cult-following if they are no longer made LOL.

TonyL

Thank you. I think I have 2 more left. IMO, with the fatter profile offsets the bulky CB and final. When it was delivered to church for the fund-raiser, it did general some sales. Thanks for the comments.

Top Bottom