Chrome Perfect Fit Coffee burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Here is my latest victim...a coffee burl on chrome Perfect Fit pen with CA finish.

Wood is not that extra ordinary, have some cracks and inclusion but it could have its own market...maybe at Starbucks? :D

200661451749_P10204141a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Here is my latest victim...a coffee burl on chrome Perfect Fit pen with CA finish.

Wood is not that extra ordinary, have some cracks and inclusion but it could have its own market...maybe at Starbucks? [:D]

Very nice Dario. Maybe you could sell it at a Starbucks and emphasize to them that they might be drinking coffee that came off of that very tree? [;)][;)](I don't know that much about coffee- it is a tree isn't it? and I assume coffee could have come off of the same one that produces a burl and is cut up and eventually made into pens? Look at that- even if it's not possible, you could sell it to someone like me who didn't know any better!) [}:)][}:)]

Dario

Billy, It is hard not to like ANY burl [:D]. I have another at works with more inclusions and it actually has a lot more "character" as far as I am concerned. The color is rather bland and I am not deciding whether I should try to add color to it (maybe soak it in coffee?).

Angela, Coffee is not really a tree (as far as I know). It is more of a bush but they do grow bigger after a long while. I know my grandma used to own one that is about 40 years old (as I was told) and the trunk is no more than 6" at the base. Not sure if that is due to the specie or if that is the growth norm for coffee.

Jerry, If you are really interested, I have some small blocks I can spare. Just let me know [:)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by angboy
<br />
Originally posted by Dario
<br />Here is my latest victim...a coffee burl on chrome Perfect Fit pen with CA finish.

Wood is not that extra ordinary, have some cracks and inclusion but it could have its own market...maybe at Starbucks? [:D]

Very nice Dario. Maybe you could sell it at a Starbucks and emphasize to them that they might be drinking coffee that came off of that very tree? [;)][;)](I don't know that much about coffee- it is a tree isn't it? and I assume coffee could have come off of the same one that produces a burl and is cut up and eventually made into pens? Look at that- even if it's not possible, you could sell it to someone like me who didn't know any better!) [}:)][}:)]

So Angela, how much are you offering Dario for the pen? Maybe he will throw in a few of those coffee beans in the picture. [:D]

Nice work, Dario!

gerryr

Well, it may not be your best wood, but you did an excellent job with it. Fit and finish look just about perfect for a Perfect Fit.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom