Chrome Navigator with Blue Pr oak burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GaTurner83

GaTurner83

Made this one up this afternoon.Its a Chrome Navigator with a piece oak burl that had a lot of cracks in it.I cast it in blue PR to fill in the cracks.
Sorry the pictures aint the best I gotta make me a photo tent.
012-1.jpg

013-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toyotaman

Jon, that's another great looking casting job. I think the pictures are great also. One question, When you place the wood in the mold and tape it down and pour in the PR, I'm kindly wondering how the pressure pot forces the resin on the underside of the blank? I guess pressure can do anything. I love the blue in that pen. I will have me one by the weekend. Awesome looking pen.
Donny

GaTurner83

Donny I glue toothpicks to the bottom of the blanks to hold it off the bottom slightly.This allows the resin to flow around the blank and form a resevoire to ensure there is enough resin in the mold.

GaTurner83

Did you cast under pressure?

Yes I cast under pressure.I pressurized it 40 psi and left it over night to besure the resin had cured.Unfortunatly I am going to be potless for awhile.My pressure pot developed a leak around one of the welds in the lid.I returned it yesterday and they didnt have anymore in stock.It will be about a week before I get another.I already feel lost without my pot.

Top Bottom