Chrome Buckeye

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from igran7

igran7

Chrome Zen in Buckeye Burl.

I got the blank from Rocky here on IAP a couple of months ago. Very nice wood to turn and finish. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Dayton Buckeye Burl.jpg
    Dayton Buckeye Burl.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Dayton Buckeye Burl II.jpg
    Dayton Buckeye Burl II.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sefali

I really like the way this style of kit allows you show off a beautiful blank, and you took full advantage of the opportunity. Nice job.

jkeithrussell

Cool -- I've never been wild about either the Zen or BEB, but now I want to try both. Looks very nice.

thewishman

Buckeye burl - great-looking, beautiful... and a pain in the neck. My favorite material (and my least favorite material). A real Tale of Two Cities wood.

Nice work on the Zen. Does the step from barrel to nib feel ok when writing with this style of pen?

igran7

Buckeye burl - great-looking, beautiful... and a pain in the neck. My favorite material (and my least favorite material). A real Tale of Two Cities wood.

Nice work on the Zen. Does the step from barrel to nib feel ok when writing with this style of pen?

Thanks Chris. The step doesn't bother me, but you have to hold it on the barrel when writing. It is not recommended for the person that holds way down on the pen. I use a Zen as my daily writer and have for about 6 months and I love the look and feel of them.

GouletPens

I've never seen buckeye like that with so much white in it....most of what I've worked with has more of a yellowish sapwood.....very nice work! I am and huge huge huge fan of the Zen kit.

Top Bottom