A christmas story...about a pen!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from grub32

grub32

My momma calls my on Monday about making a pen for her boss who loves all things Christmas. YAY!! This naturally excites me. I decide to make a pen from a really nice Cherry piece of Bubinga (photos to come later) Turned out GREAT!! Love it. Tuesday, she comes to see it and says "boy, I would really like it to be read and white. Can't you make one of those custom Colored ones?"

This is now Tuesday...and she then mentioned that she needed to give it to here Thursday. That means I have to complete on Wednesday.

So I pour the resin with micropearl and impregnate some maple to make it look like some candy cane stripes and it came out like this...

What do you think??

I havent posted any photos for some time. WE are trying to move and photo tent is packed away. THerefore these photos stink. It was taken with camera and flash.

Thanks for looking,

Grub32

ps- I also video the making of this blank...If anyone is curious let me know and I will post on youtube.

Attachments

• pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 403
  • pen4.jpg
    pen4.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 314
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Fantastic job, You got enough of a Christmas look for it to not be missed but not so much that it will not fit in for everyday. Very elegant touch in the design there.

M

Mudder

ps- I also video the making of this blank...If anyone is curious let me know and I will post on youtube.

How about posting it on the IAP? We're in the process of building our Library and your video would make a nice addition.

grub32

I will seriously consider that...I have heard that there are size restrictions with the IAP website. I really like using youtube because I can make my videos pretty high quality and then load them overnight.

Is there any truth in that? Most of my videos are in the range of 10 15 mins for all parts.

Grub32

M

Mudder

I will seriously consider that...I have heard that there are size restrictions with the IAP website. I really like using youtube because I can make my videos pretty high quality and then load them overnight.

Is there any truth in that? Most of my videos are in the range of 10 15 mins for all parts.

Grub32

I will work with Jeff and see if there is any way to open the FTP site up for video's to be uploaded. I'm sure we can get something worked out.

grub32

The Videos are now making their way on to youtube...Just easier for me.

IF you are interested in the process, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/grub32 and watch.

I am also going to be posting a series of movies on finishing wood using a CA glue. That will be coming next week.

Thanks for looking,

Grub32

Top Bottom