Christmas present for my mother.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hanau

hanau

Just finished my Christmas present for my mother thought I would share it.

IMG_0010-1.jpg

Cross is made from maple and stained cherry wood. The base was a after thought and it is made from solid cherry.

IMG_0012.jpg

The pen is a Virage from Exotic Blanks with Bethlehem olive wood

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vfauto

Just finished my Christmas present for my mother thought I would share it.

IMG_0010-1.jpg

Cross is made from maple and stained cherry wood. The base was a after thought and it is made from solid cherry.

IMG_0012.jpg

The pen is a Virage from Exotic Blanks with Bethlehem olive wood

Thanks for looking.
:question:How was the carving done?

plantman

Pens are to small, they did going up with a rotary jig for it but a pen is still to small.

it would be nice if you could.

:rolleyes::eek: John; If you want to carve on a pen, get yourself a straight dentest hand tool with diamond or carbide bits. It runs on air at up to 400,000 RPMS. I use mine on wood, carving eggs as small as Quail, or any detail work you can think of. I have a friend who uses raw branches to make pens, and he carves hearts With arrows through them and adds peoples names inside. Then he makes a little pen holder so the branch looks like a standing tree bark and all. He also makes pens with the " Will of the Wisp " on them. You have to stop thinking inside the blank, and unto the pin head. Jim S

Last edited:

NLAlston

I know that this was posted nearly five years ago, but I just happened across it - and HAD to respond.

This work is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. EVERYTHING about it screams outstanding creativity, and workmanship. I can't say enough about it. WOW!!

Top Bottom