Christmas Pens for Rob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRob777

I haven't posted any pics in a while, because I was saving them for a group shot. These are for my family for Christmas presents. I'll be posting a pic of my first three bottle stoppers in the appropriate place soon. The woods are curly willow and black locust (2 trees in our yard growing up, which we climbed constantly), kingwood and Tulipwood, a pen and pencil unmatching set with spalted oak and Bois de Rose.

That Black Locust is some really hard wood and it is a challenge to do it cross-cut. I had 3 flaws in the comfort grip pen with no grip, but a thumb rest. I did my first cut fix. One was actually a crack that went half way through the locust. Can't see it now!!! Of all of these, the worst was the willow, as it was like balsa wood and the best was the Bois de Rose. I'm going to do a pen in black locust, straight cut. It is gorgeous grain and should make a nice pen. It takes a great shine. I have it on 3 pens. The lighter shade small segment is just catching the light differently, or something.

200512233015_DSCN1945-3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Thanks Spike,
I wanted a link to our common pasts. We spent a lot of time in those trees. Unfortunately, they aren't the same exact trees, just the same species.
Rob

JimGo

Great pens Rob! I am sure they will be much appreciated.

I hope you and Claudia have a wonderful and happy holiday season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom