Christmas Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LWinders

LWinders

I am very new to pen turning. I purchased a lathe from a co-worker and it came with several pen kits. After turning my first pen I realized that I was hooked. I gave the first pen I turned to my wife and she asked if I could make 12 more that she could give to her staff members. These are the pens that I made for her. Since making these, I've made about 10 others, most of which I've gave for gift to family and friends. I apologize for the quality of the picture. I am working on some display stands for photography purposes.

Attachments

• Christmas Pens.jpg
    Christmas Pens.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 327
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Welcome to the addiction, err hobby. I have been in this for a couple years now and you can ask anyone once and a while I am like a blind squirrel and get a nut (another words get a decent picture).

Looks like you are off to a good start. Better than anything I accomplished in my first dozen (or maybe the last dozen I have done).

OZturner

Welcome Lee, and thank you for the pleasure of looking at some of your creations.
That is a fine collection of Pens.
Looking at the Turning, it would appear that you have turned before.
Your Fit and Finish looks Fine.
Could I suggest that you mention the Timber and Finish you use, it assists the newer and some of the not new members in understanding what you have presented.
Congratulations.
Brian.

LWinders

Brian. Thank you for your suggestion about adding information about the materials used. When I bought the lathe, there were several blanks that I got with it. unfortunately, most of it was not marked and I'm not sure what it was. As I order more, I will be able to identify it. Again, thank you for your comments.

PeetyInMich

Hi, and welcome to the site. Your turning and finish look great (as previously observed). I hope to see more of your work in the future. Enjoy the group here and don't be afraid to ask questions or give advice.

Top Bottom