Christmas Inlace Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

I blew up the first inlace blank drilling it. So I bought another, taped it, and drilled VERY slowly and not completely through. I cut off the ends on the bandsaw as the team advised. That worked very well.

I came ohhh so close to destroying this blank by gluing in the short tube into the long blank. Luckily I was able to glue the long tube into the short blank which was JUST long enough. I had to trim a bit of the tube to be sure I had 90 degrees. Luckily there is a bit of wiggle room on the tolerances.

I sharpened up very sharp and roughed the blank to cylinder and then used a Lacer skew to do the rest. I tried a spindlemaster but wasn't happy with the quality so I used the skew. Took it down to just proud of the bushings and wet sanded it with 180 down to the bushings and then up to 1200 grit wet/dry followed by MM to 12,000. I used Hut polish and Ren wax to complete finishing.

Unfortunately, you can't really see the flecks of sparkle in the blank. they pop as you move it. I took a close up to give you a little feel for the sparkle. So... here is my Christmas pen!!
sCIMG4894.jpg

sCIMG4895.jpg

sCIMG4896.jpg

sCIMG4897.jpg

:present::present::present:

Top Bottom