Christmas Gifts and Raffle Prize

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ryannmphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryannmphs

Well, I finished most of my Christmas pens and pencils. One pen & pencil set is for my works Holiday Party. I am donating the set as a door/raffle prize.

Here is the door prize. Slimline Boxelder Burl. finished in CA and TSW.

2004121053235_NSA_Set1.jpg

Here is a black walnut Pen & Pencil Slimline for my BIL.

2004121053312_Dans_Set1.jpg

And finally the last of the Pencils & one Pen for my neices and nephew. The top pencil is redbud and had a nice void/inclusion that was not visable when I started turning, what a nice surprise!!)

200412105347_Gifts.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed makeing them!! (naw, one can never be truely happy unless they are standing in front of the lathe :D)

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!

Ryan

(please forgive any typos, the spell seems to be on the fritz:()

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryannmphs

Who's kits are those with the fat center band?

If you mean the kit for the bottom cherry pencil in the last photo that is the Satin Slimline from Woodturningz. I really do like the satin finish over the shiney silver myself.

Ryan

C_Ludwigsen

Hey folks, a point that Ryan left off for the Boxelder Burl at the very top... That is from a tree that he and I had the goo fortune of cutting done here locally. All of these are VERY nice up close.

Great job, buddy.

ryannmphs

Actually Chuck, ALL of those pens were made with wood that I have harvested.

The cherry came from LOML's uncle's land where he had a cherry tree down and I got a few pieces.
The redbud came from my FIL's neighbor who cut a tree down, just because she didn't like having to rake the leaves (dumb plan, my FIL's house has 2 cherry trees and a LARGE black walnut tree along with some sassafras trees).
The black walnut was the pith cut from some wood that a gentleman in our wood turners group was getting rid of.

So my out of pocket cost for the above pens was the cost of the kits from Woodturningz and a little CA.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom