Christmas Gifts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodwish

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwish

I realize that I post comments all the time but never post any pictures, so I thought I would put up a few-

20041221212247_Birdseye%20Maple.jpg

These are all Americana 10K pen & pencil sets from CSUSA. This set is birdseye maple that was a cutoff I picked up in a cabinet shop one day.

20041221212432_Cocabola.jpg

Cocabola I picked up at the AAW Symposium this summer. Both pieces looked identical before I turned them but sure are different now. I love turning Cocobola, easy to finish smoothly.

20041221212656_Spalted%20Pecan.jpg

Spalted pecan from a log left in my yard by the company clearing power lines after Hurricane Ivan. It's not from our street so I don't know where the rest of it went, sure wish I did!

20041221212823_Yellow%20Waxy.jpg

Don't have clue what this is. Picked it up as a scrap from the lumber company I buy from. It was just on the truck as a scrap and they didn't know what it was either. It is yellow and grey in color, and very waxy much like cocobola. A pleasure to turn but not one of my favorite colors, anybody have any idea what this is?

20041221213054_Carob.jpg

This was supposed to be a set from carob, but I didn't pay attention when I turned the pencil set and got the top and bottom reversed. Not sure how to correct that except to start over.

In all I made 20 sets (actually 19 with the oops above) for gifts, all different woods just to confuse my wife when she picks who gets which set. This is the first time I have made any Americana style pens so I learned some about shape after I started assembling them. I think the next time I will end up with a better overall shape. Guess I should have made one as a prototype before turning 20 sets and them assembling.

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom