Christmas Gift for SIL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joefyffe

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Upon seeing a felt tip Demonstrator, I had made, Mike said "you gonna make one of those for me in a fountain ?" He knows how to work me so well!!!!! :) :) This is what I came up with. A Heritance Nib Demonstrator made from Alumalite (thanks Curtis) when my last gallon of Silmar 41 is gone it's my last gallon of Silmar 41. No comparison between the two resins. Curtis recommended, I listened, just placed a $300+ order. Gooooooooooooood stuff! Luv it!!!!! Doc, I'll send you a blank out of this. Doesn't twist off in the dies.

Attachments

• _DSC8779 copy.jpg
    _DSC8779 copy.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 296
  • _DSC8780 copy.jpg
    _DSC8780 copy.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 202
  • _DSC8781copy.jpg
    _DSC8781copy.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 149
  • _DSC8782 copy.jpg
    _DSC8782 copy.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 241
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Very sharp looking Joe. I'm not sure Mike deserves anything that nice:biggrin:. I didn't realize you could get alumilite that clear.

wizard

Joe, That is a very sharp looking pen ! Great job!! Would really like one of your new alumilite creations. Regards, Doc:)

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I think this is probably the first 'demonstrator' that I like. The threads are beautifully crisp and clean and the polished insides just makes me sick!!:biggrin:

Very well done Joe!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I never appreciated the demonstrator until I saw this one. Excellent work Joe. ALL the way thru. I applaud your patience and skills.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
THANKS FOR ALL THE COMPLIMENTS! Now to answer a couple questions! Bob, the threads in the Rollerball were 10mm, this pen is 12mm triple lead. To the others regarding spit and polish, I drill, slightly undersize, in the lathe, using a collet chuck. Then I take it as close as I can to the needed size with a straight or spiral reamer bit. It's then shined inside incrementally with wet sanding up to 2000, then micromeshed up to 12000 (patience my dear, patience!!) then Novus at least down to "2". I use either Novus 1 or Hut for final polish! Application with a 3/16 dowel having about a half inch deep, thin cut centered in one end, chucked in a collet chuck spinning at a slow to medium speed. Just slip the narrow strips of sandpaper/micro-mesh/gun cleaning patch w/Novusi into the slit in the dowel. Pay attention to the direction of rotation. Hold the blank by hand and slide back and forth over the rotating dowel and material. Keep dowel off precut threads.

Top Bottom