Christian Fish Inlayed Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dave_M

Dave_M

I bought one of Kallenshaan Woods Christian Fish Inlayed Pen Kits. I was planing on starting it as soon as I got back on my feet from having a total knee replacement. I found it hard to have the kit in hand and do nothing with it so the day before my surgery I started on it. Just a few hours from my surgery, I finished off the screw cap and took a quick pick of it. That was two weeks ago.

Not the best pic, but I was pleased with how well this kit came together. And... It's also my first successful CA finish. For some unknown reason, the CA worked for me this time. I still have to turn the rest of the pen, which is going to have to wait until I'm back on my feet, but I was very pleased with what I've done so far. Here is my less than perfect pic.

tn_IMG_1496.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan_F

You are off to a good start, glad the finish was sucessful for you. I took the liberty of lightening your picture a bit. Next time, on a dark pen like this, try using a gray background, then you can get a better exposure on the dark wood to bring out more detail. As it is, I still couldn't lighten it enough without burning out the background. See Gerry's photo article for some tips on how to get good exposures.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly.

2008429202217_IMG_1496.jpg

Dan

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice work Dave ! Aren't those knee replacements fun ? Hope I never need the other one done . Wish you a quick recovery ! [8D]

Dave_M

Originally posted by Dan_F

You are off to a good start, glad the finish was successful for you. I took the liberty of lightening your picture a bit. Next time, on a dark pen like this, try using a gray background, then you can get a better exposure on the dark wood to bring out more detail. As it is, I still couldn't lighten it enough without burning out the background. See Gerry's photo article for some tips on how to get good exposures.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly.
Dan

Thanks Dan. I knew it was going to be a flawed pic but I wanted to snap a quick pic before I had to go under the knife. I was rushing to get everything cleaned up before my wife pushed me out the door. It felt good knowing I got it done before I was put out of commission.

The next night I was lying in the hospital bed buying wood from the classified section. I'm not sure I would recommend Internet shopping while heavily medicated.

Yes it is African Black wood with Bethlehem Olive wood inlay.

Top Bottom