Choose Your Pen. We are goin Huntin.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

When I first started making pens a little over a year ago I had bought a few over under pens from PSI made them but they sold real slow, so I did not bother making them again. I had made them all wood top and bottom and they looked good. this time around I thought I would try and make them more realistic and cast me some PR to match shotgun shells. I think they are pretty close but being as I don`t hunt, I was just going by what I have seen lying on the ground in spent shells. The lower is my favorite. Honduran Rosewood burl with around 10 coats CA sanded then sanded through all the pretty colored pads then polished.
I wish I had 1 more kit to do a yellow one:rolleyes:
Thanks for lookin.
IMG_6052.JPG
IMG_6054.JPG
IMG_6058.JPG
IMG_6061.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ohiococonut

Very nice!
Those pens are hugh and literally a pain in the butt to make. The blanks end up very thin and every imperfection easily shows up. But, they are one of my favorite to make :biggrin: The last one I did was in black acrylic and buckeye burl and sold right away. I should be making more of them but I only have one kit left and still don't have one of my own......yet :wink:

U-Turn

I usually use ebony for the top and antler for the bottom - have no problem selling them. Yours are great! Good job.

ohiococonut

Well, I "had" one kit left :biggrin: I went out to the shop and turned my last one and it's MINE! I used black arcylic for the cap and amboyna for the pen body. Thanks for the inspiration!:wink:

Top Bottom