Chocolate Ripple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

Here is one i made a week or two ago for a forum member here and have been waiting to show it until he received it. Its one of my usual designs, but the material is just off the hook i think. It just looks so chocolatie and yummy:biggrin: This is what i call Chocolate Ripple Ebonite with a #6 Bock Feed and Nib.

All Comments Welcome

Thanks For Looking

Justin

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0777.jpg
    DSC_0777.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 922
  • DSC_0779.jpg
    DSC_0779.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 909
  • DSC_0778.jpg
    DSC_0778.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 913
  • DSC_0780.jpg
    DSC_0780.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 910
  • DSC_0781.jpg
    DSC_0781.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 908
  • DSC_0782.jpg
    DSC_0782.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 900
  • DSC_0783.jpg
    DSC_0783.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 921
  • DSC_0784.jpg
    DSC_0784.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 911
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

marksman

Outstanding! Just curious, how many hours a day do you spend in your shop? It seems like you post at least a pen a day. Never get tired of seeing them though, keep up the great work.

wood-of-1kind

You call it "choco brown" and I can proudly call this one "mine". Thank you Justin for creating another masterpiece. Tomorrow I will ink her for the first time and then take her out for a test drive. :):):):):)

firewhatfire

After looking over all of the blanks you have used as of late, this is my favorite I do believe. The other one is my favorite of all I have seen. I aspire to move into this realm after the first of the year.......alot of tools shy of there right now but the dreams are big.

mrburls

This has to be one of your best looking pens Justin. The color and material is just outstanding. Keep up the great work.

Keith "mrburls"

wizard

Justin, That is a absolutely gorgeous pen!!!!:biggrin: The pattern in the ebonite is striking and beautiful..... you truly turned it into a work of art! I'm sure Peter will enjoy for many years to come. Regards, Doc :)

wood-of-1kind

Justin, That is a absolutely gorgeous pen!!!!:biggrin: The pattern in the ebonite is striking and beautiful..... you truly turned it into a work of art! I'm sure Peter will enjoy for many years to come. Regards, Doc :)

I'm going to enjoy it so much, so much so that I have to increase my insurance homeowners' policy by $1 million dollars in case of robbery.:biggrin:

On a serious note, it really is now one of my "priceless" pens. Justin is truly a talented "artist".

Last edited:

Timebandit

Delicious!!

Thanks Terry!!

Very nice Justin! I love the material you used.

Thanks Jason!!

Really nice work Justin.... AGAIN....

Thanks Lupe........AGAIN:biggrin:

Outstanding! Just curious, how many hours a day do you spend in your shop? It seems like you post at least a pen a day. Never get tired of seeing them though, keep up the great work.

Thanks mark!!! I spend at least 2-3 hours a day in there, preferably more. I like to try to make a pen a day but it usually ends up at 1 every other day. I might spend part of a day getting a pen tapped and threaded and ready to turn the next day, and finish the pen up the next day, but i can put one out a day if i have enough time to get in there and just focus on making a pen rather than trying other things:biggrin:

You call it "choco brown" and I can proudly call this one "mine". Thank you Justin for creating another masterpiece. Tomorrow I will ink her for the first time and then take her out for a test drive. :):):):):)

LOL!! Peter i hope that you enjoy it and that it serves you for many years to come!!

Wow another fine pen.

Thanks!!

This is the fourth one I have seen today WOW!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks Bree!!

After looking over all of the blanks you have used as of late, this is my favorite I do believe. The other one is my favorite of all I have seen. I aspire to move into this realm after the first of the year.......alot of tools shy of there right now but the dreams are big.

Thanks Fire!! You will get there, slowly but surely:eek::biggrin:

This has to be one of your best looking pens Justin. The color and material is just outstanding. Keep up the great work.

Keith "mrburls"

Thanks Keith!! i love this one as well!!

Great piece of work. The new owner will be glad to show it off.

Thanks!! Sounds like he is!!

Justin,
This may be my new favorite! Spectacular looking pen.

Thank You!!:biggrin:

Thanks Doc!!

I'm going to enjoy it so much, so much so that I have to increase my insurance homeowners' policy by $1 million dollars in case of robbery.:biggrin:

On a serious note, it really is now one of my "priceless" pens. Justin is truly a talented "artist".

LOL!! Thanks Peter!! I hope it lives up to that "priceless" status!!!

Great job, and great photography!

Thanks Dave!!

wood-of-1kind

With Justin's permission I am posting a review of this marvellous writing instrument that is now in my prized collection:

Let me start of saying that the custom made "choco brown ripple" is already my favorite fountain pen that I have from my extensive collection. It is "functional" art and will be cherished for eternity or at least until I'm still on this good earth. This wonderful writing instrument was created by Justin Short (aka Timebandit). After seeing all the wonderful FPs that Justin keeps producing, I knew that I wanted one. I had never seen this particular color combination on ebonite. This particular "beauty" came equipped with a Bock #6 medium nib. Using Private Reserve (DC Show purple) ink has been an absolute delight in writing with my new pen.

The black and chocolate ripple effect that dances on the pen's body is a treat. The pattern is just incredible and it emanates "class" from an earlier period. The elegant look just exudes confidence when I remove this precious instrument from a specially designed leather calfskin pen sheath.

Construction and Quality- Fantastic. Very well hand built pen. Low weight relative to its size and the larger size is perfect for my style of writing. Size does matter!!!!!!!

Design- One-of-one kind design. The section shape feels great. Functional and pretty.

Nib- Bock#6 Nice and smooth medium. Noticeable upgrade to the "standard" nibs normally accompanying pen kits.

Filling- Cartridge/converter. A very versatile option, but I personally enjoy using the Schmidt cartridge that it came equipped with. Filling from an ink bottle/reservoir is a breeze. Nothing could be simpler and yet offer the versatility of being able to choose from an endless assortment of colors. The easy to replace cartridge is a bonus if it wears out or simply breaks. With proper care, this should not happen. Very easy to "flush" whenever the mood suits you to change colors.

Threads- All cleanly cut and no visible imperfections were detected. Smooth threads between cap and body and they "mate" perfectly as any could "quality" pen should. No fear of cross threading if handled with care.

Pen clip – gold plated that adds to the classy feel and look of the pen. Sturdily attached with good "spring" action when inserting in a shirt pocket. Sits lower from the cap in comparison to most pens, but this adds to the look of distinction from mass produced pens.

Conclusion: I'm ecstatic to say that this is now part of my collection. The only other FP that even comes close to it is the one that Eagle created for me. At this time I can conclude that Justin's creations are a must have by those that are serious about using an extremely "personalized" and distinct writing instrument. Affordable elegance delivered from a very talented "artist".
Thanks Justin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom