Chocolate chips cookie burl!?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Here is the second one I turned today, I usually only turn one at once and I shall go back to that habit for the next session.

This one is chechen burl with tasty sapwood, looks like cookies to me, mmm cookies.

My MM pads are worn out so I had to go through the MM twice to get rid of most scratches. This one is for me! I turned three of those and they all sold!

20ish coats of medium CA and as always, clicky the thumbnails!

Thanks for looking,

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

Gorgeous as always Charles. Your finish is always flawless. I went from 8 coats of CA to 20ish, because of your pens. Not as nice as yours yet, but definitely worth the extra time and attention. Congrats again on another beautiful work of art!!

CharlesH

Gorgeous as always Charles. Your finish is always flawless. I went from 8 coats of CA to 20ish, because of your pens. Not as nice as yours yet, but definitely worth the extra time and attention. Congrats again on another beautiful work of art!!

Hey thanks! I suggest that you wet sand with the green MM every 5 to 7 coats to even up the finish (no need to make it all smooth) and then you go down to the grits when you are at 20 or so and then the plastic polish!

C

reiddog1

I actually researched your process and tried to copy it, but was scared that if I wet sanded, it would effect the additional coats of CA. I usually sand every 8 to 10 coats up to 600 dry before another 8 to 10. You are definitely my CA finish idol.

Dave

Drstrangefart

Hey thanks! I suggest that you wet sand with the green MM every 5 to 7 coats to even up the finish (no need to make it all smooth) and then you go down to the grits when you are at 20 or so and then the plastic polish!

C

I found that using 600 grit sandpaper every few coats can accomplish something similar. I don't do as many coats of medium, but that's mostly because I refuse to do 20 coats of anything on a $35 pen.

Top Bottom