Chiyogami paper cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from simomatra

simomatra

This my last blank form Marla. A Chiyogami paper on a cigar, turned and polished to 12000MM then blue rouge and final buff.

Thank you Marla the blanks were excellent to turn and the finished items get lots of conversation when shown. Definitely more of them to come. Keep up the good work.

c1.jpg

C5.jpg

C2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

I recently purchased a couple stacks of this special paper, but I'm really worried about the obvious seam. Do your pens have this or was Marla able to work around that when casting the blank? Would like to learn from others...

Crickett

Is that paper cast in resin? Or is it something different?

Either way, it is beautiful.

It is the paper used to make origami and then cast in clear resin.

I recently purchased a couple stacks of this special paper, but I'm really worried about the obvious seam. Do your pens have this or was Marla able to work around that when casting the blank? Would like to learn from others...

Thankfully the paper had a pattern I could cut around to help hide the seam.

Sam, you did an outstanding job on the pen, perfect kit choice. :)

simomatra

Thank you everyone for your comments, Marla glad you chimed in I was just attempting to answer when you replied.

I had difficulty in finding the seam so you did a real good job of it.

It turned and polished like a dream. I only used the buffing wheels on this one after the MM. I waited till I had some good plating for this one as it really deserved it.

Many thanks Marla they are all in my private collection, which is growing so fast that I will need more storage space.

IPD_Mrs

That turned out very well. I like the depth that it shows with the paper having the different patterns and colors to it! I'm sure you get a great many compliments!

Top Bottom