Chittum Burl X 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Herb G

Herb G

Here's a couple of Chittum Burl pens I made recently.
Chittum Burl is not easy to turn because the grain goes off in every direction at the same time. It is even more difficult to turn if it hasn't been stabilized
before turning.

The first pen is a David Broadwell Art Deco Ballpoint Pen.
1_HPIM1071.JPG

The second pen is a Chrome Gatsby pen kit, using the same piece of wood as the first pen had.

1_HPIM1074.JPG

The final picture is both pens together.
It's been a very long time since I turned a pen, or was even able to do so.
Thanks for looking.

1_HPIM1077.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

The photos don't enlarge when you click on them .

It seems that different posters use different methods for adding photos.

When I do photos I upload them to my IAP Photo Album and then "Insert" them in my thread or post and (I think) they always enlarge when clicked.

Nice pens, but it would be nicer to be able to see the burl pattern. . I just bought some chittum and would like to see what it might appear when turned.

Last edited:

Herb G

The photos don't enlarge when you click on them .

It seems that different posters use different methods for adding photos.

When I do photos I upload them to my IAP Photo Album and then "Insert" them in my thread or post and (I think) they always enlarge when clicked.

Nice pens, but it would be nicer to be able to see the burl pattern. . I just bought some chittum and would like to see what it might appear when turned.

I wish I knew how to insert photos in posts so they enlarge when you click on them. I tried the best I could, and it is what you see there.
The pics aren't the greatest either, because my old POS camera doesn't play well with my new computer. I'm lucky I can even get them off the card to begin with.

Top Bottom