Chittum Burl Examples

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BruceA

BruceA

Chittum Burl is one of the rarest and priciest woods around. This wood has small eyes, and varies with some radiance streaks that have incredible chatoyance. Color is golden/honey tones with the streaks and eyes being darker shade of tan/brown.

For pens, it turns with a very predictable cut, and is medium density. Drills easily, and sands like a dream - sanding marks can removed with minimum effort. I had no problem sealing the raw blanks with thin CA.

The only place online to purchase Chittum Burl is through the now-famous Exotic Blanks website. Ed should be restocking Chittum by the end of March. This stuff is not cheap, but the pen results are stunning. High end kits with Chittum Burl should bring top dollar for retail sales. The pens below are not "high end" kits, but what I had in stock to show as samples with the wood.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

All examples were finished in CA (modified Fangar's Method - see archives).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

I have to agree, I have a roman harvest rollerball pen in my personal collection, it is my go to church pen on sundays. Several have tried to borrow it, but that aint happening. I was able to snag a few pieces, but would love to have some more.

Top Bottom