"CHiP" Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I made this one for one of my co-workers, his brother is a Ca. Highway Patrolman and he wanted something different for him. Since the bottom was going to be all black I wanted to do something to help it stand out some. After checking the bushing sizes I decided to use the cap bushing on the top of the bottom tube, so that it would have a small bump like the nib. The top is white PVC with a decal and the bottom is black Alumilite on a black chrome kit from Beartooth woods. I like the look and may do this more often, what do y'all think does it work or not.
Comments Welcome, thanks for looking. :biggrin:
attachment.php

Attachments

• CHP 025_4_2_fused.jpg
    CHP 025_4_2_fused.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 751
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaybird

Very nice, dont' be surprised if the rest of the patrol want one, excelant job..

Mark

That is a great looking pen. I think that combination is useful in many occupations. Nicely Done.

maxman400

:biggrin:Thanks Everyone for the encouraging comments, My co-worker was super happy with it so much he says he wants another one. :biggrin::biggrin:

Tanner

That's a beautiful pen! I also use the smaller bushing for the top of the bottom section. It looks weird when the regular bushing is used. It brings the blank to the height of the rounded nib, which then leaves a gap because the nib is rounded. I think it's a flaw in the bushing size.

Aerotech

i would say it definitely works. that pen is really cool. how do you do the decals? where would you get something like that. if you dont mind me asking..

maxman400

i would say it definitely works. that pen is really cool. how do you do the decals? where would you get something like that. if you dont mind me asking..
Not at all, First I looked up the CHP logo under clip art, it had a blue back ground so I cut it out (In Photo SHOP)and left it as white. Next using the Avery business card program (it's free) I inserted the logo in to the card (it re-sizes the image without any distortion) then I adjusted the image so that I could fit 8 0f them on a single card (copy and paste). I made two cards, then I used ink-jet decal paper (since I only use 2 cards it just prints across the top of the sheet) print them, cut them off (save the rest of the sheet for later) and spray them with Krylon Cristal clear spray. Once they dry cut them up, apply like model decals, pat dry and apply a thin CA finish. I use white PVC, White Acrylic or white Alumilite since the printer won't print white and other colors tend to hide the decal. :)

Top Bottom