Chicago Bears Football themed pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eliasbboy

eliasbboy

I made this with one of Keith Henning's incredible clay blanks from Classic NIB.

It's my first attempt at segmenting and my first junior gent.

IMG_1364b.jpg
IMG_1368b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eliasbboy

Great job on everything.......except the choice of team.:tongue::biggrin:

You're telling me! :)

I need to tweak the way I cut the pieces. I have a full size crosscut sled I made for table saw years ago but I think it may be a bit off after a couple of moves. I tried like hell but I could not get each piece 100% even on the cuts.

I'm also a bit OCD so I may be a bit too critical.

Thanks by the way!

Hendu3270

Won't comment on the team choice but the pen looks cool. Just can't get my head wrapped around how you did the leather and laces though. Great job.

08K.80

That's the first time I've seen something like that. Putting leather on and stitching it. I can't imagine.

Ehunt

Maybe it's just the color on my monitor, but I could swear that's a Dolphins pen :biggrin: whichever, very cool!

JohnU

Looks Great! I wonder if it would less wear on the clay if the cap were the football and the pen body had the team colors. Either way I like it!

That's the first time I've seen something like that. Putting leather on and stitching it. I can't imagine.

I believe the football look alike is made from polymer clay and baked on the tube.

OKLAHOMAN

Won't comment on the team choice but the pen looks cool. Just can't get my head wrapped around how you did the leather and laces though. Great job.

It's done with Poly Clay and as far as I know Keith is the only person doing it.

As said above it's not leather it's Poly Clay and even though I've had them I still can't wrap my head around how he does it.

You ought to see his baseball blanks, with red stitching

Looks Great! I wonder if it would less wear on the clay if the cap were the football and the pen body had the team colors. Either way I like it!
I believe the football look alike is made from polymer clay and baked on the tube.

We have a winner! Yes it's clay.:biggrin:

eliasbboy

Like was already mentioned, I did NOT make the lower portion. I bought that pre-made. It's done entirely of clay and looks amazing.

Keith is an absolute genius with the stuff. I bought a few of his baseball blanks as well and they are equally amazing!

walshjp17

Great pen. Just bought one of each (BB & FB) and will do a Phillies pen for my brother and a Redskins pen for myself. Thanks for showing us your jewel.

eliasbboy

So where can we find some of Keith's Blanks?

Classic NIB

Great pen. Just bought one of each (BB & FB) and will do a Phillies pen for my brother and a Redskins pen for myself. Thanks for showing us your jewel.

My pleasure! I did the easy stuff.:)

Great job making a team themed pen without violating any copyrights! :)

It seems it will also double for a Broncos pen.:biggrin:

Top Bottom