Chevron cut with Aluminum inserts!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elyk864

elyk864

Here are two examples of this type that I have done. I also posted these in my introductory post to the forum. Thanks for looking and tell me what you think.

Stabilized Buckeye burl is the first one and Wenge Wood is the second. Both with CA finish of course.

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20170608204852298.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20170608204852298.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 232
  • CameraZOOM-20170517210056069.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20170517210056069.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 219

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
G'Day Kyle:

The accuracy of the segments is excellent. The finished profiles are also excellent.

My only thought is that the aluminum inserts are pretty subtle. If this is the look you wanted - no problem, mission accomplished. My preference would have been about double the thickness, and two end caps with aluminum spacers and a complimentary end segment. But then, that is for me!

This is NOT a critique, just food for thought! Disregard at will.

Well done. :)

And again, welcome to IAP.

Have FUN!

elyk864

G'Day Kyle:

The accuracy of the segments is excellent. The finished profiles are also excellent.

My only thought is that the aluminum inserts are pretty subtle. If this is the look you wanted - no problem, mission accomplished. My preference would have been about double the thickness, and two end caps with aluminum spacers and a complimentary end segment. But then, that is for me!

This is NOT a critique, just food for thought! Disregard at will.

Well done. :)

And again, welcome to IAP.

Have FUN!

Definitely food for thought. I used Coke cans for the thickness but I never thought of stacking them to make them thicker. I'll have to test that out now.

Top Bottom