Chevron celtic knot...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Aces-High

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talltim

I will like it.

I know this was a lot of hard work to pull off.

But to be honest the photo does not do it justice. When viewing it on my phone, the design is a little hard to see in the photo as it has some reflection going on and is a little dark.

Maybe it is my phone.

Last edited:

KenV

40 people have looked at this and it's got 1 like...it must suck!

The work is quite hard to see. The pen is dark and unclear, but the photo does not appear to do it justice.

What my eyes can see looks ok, and I suspect a better photo would make a difference.

Dehn0045

Very nice! Interesting design, even if it is a little "busy". Wish I could hold it in my hand and look at all the details. As for the likes - we have a generous group of people for sure, but I must say very stingy when it comes to likes. When a brass bolt by Wizard gets 20 likes and the spenner by Skiprat doesn't break 70 (with over 2000 views), I'm happy when crack 4 ;)

Aces-High

I will like it.

I know this was a lot of hard work to pull off.

But to be honest the photo does not do it justice. When viewing it on my phone, the design is a little hard to see in the photo as it has some reflection going on and is a little dark.

Maybe it is my phone.
Let me see if i can get a better shot of these. I see what you are saying nowbthat I look from my phone. On my pc screen they look ok. Thanks for letting me know.

magpens

Outstanding, and unique !! . I personally like the muted differences in colors/patterns.

It would be nice to know how you fabricated the chevron laminae.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Whoo Hooo!!! Gotta love those Chevrons.

Well done, I appreciate the work that went into that segmenting.

leehljp

Member Liaison
40 people have looked at this and it's got 1 like...it must suck!

Just be patient. :) Here is what happened basically: When I just now checked we had 59 members and 424 guests on line. The 424 guests that go to your post get registered as a "view", but they cannot "like". I could be wrong but that is the way it is on another forum that I frequent.

The work is very well done and precise. I am on a computer that I use for graphic work. It was a little difficult to see due to the brightness on one side and darkness on the other. Good all round lighting would make it grab anyone that looked at it.

Aces-High

I really like the chevrons, what material did you use? Excellent work.

I used a piece of spectraply that I cut in thin strips at the same angle as the knot, 55 degrees, then flipped one piece and sanwitched them together.

Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Talltim

Hey, thanks for the new photos. They are much. much better I like your concept of making the chevron strips.

Did you cut those strips on the table saw?

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I've been skeptical that spectraply would result in clean lines for the chevrons, but yours look very nice.

I actually picked up a 5 pack of spectraply this past summer but have made the time to play with them - well done!

Just a thought, next time use a veneer between the slices for a more defined separation. Three veneers will add about .07", so that will be a consideration.

Attachments

• IMG_3520.jpg
    IMG_3520.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 126

dogcatcher

I think your idea of using the Spectraply opened up a can of worms. Not in a bad way, but in a great way. The Spectraply can be reproduced using thinner and thicker woods and changing the colors or by using natural woods. The stacked woods, then can be used to reproduce the chevrons in the same manner that you used the Spectraply.

Aces-High

I've been skeptical that spectraply would result in clean lines for the chevrons, but yours look very nice.

I actually picked up a 5 pack of spectraply this past summer but have made the time to play with them - well done!

Just a thought, next time use a veneer between the slices for a more defined separation. Three veneers will add about .07", so that will be a consideration.

Thanks for the tip Mark. Will try it next time.

Top Bottom