Chess Board pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bfgladden

bfgladden

I wanted to make some pens that were reminiscent of a chess board. I used Teak and Soft Maple for the brown one and Bloodwood and Soft Maple for the red. I took some of the members' advice and started using a more fitting background for my pictures. This was my first attempt at segmenting but I'm fairly pleased with the results. Let me know what you think :)

Attachments

• Brown Chess 1.jpg
    Brown Chess 1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Red Chess 1.jpg
    Red Chess 1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 205
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

I think you did great Brian. The joints line up and it looks like you drilled down the center of the design. The color combination's both look nice, but the bloodwood/maple is my favorite.

Now, did you assemble it so the design lines up both when the pen is capped and posted :wink:

bfgladden

I think you did great Brian. The joints line up and it looks like you drilled down the center of the design. The color combination's both look nice, but the bloodwood/maple is my favorite.

Now, did you assemble it so the design lines up both when the pen is capped and posted :wink:

Unfortunately i forgot to line them up before I pressed the parts together. I'll be sure to do that on the next batch I turn. :)

JohnU

Great job. Are you sure your new at segmenting. Like said above, everything lines up good and the drilling looks dead center. Congrats on your success!

Top Bottom