Cherry Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter99

Im getting ready to purchase some more kits, but for right now all that I have left are some slim line kits..I was going for a retro type look..I havn't posted anything for a while so I turned this today for #%$#s and giggles:D

2007728223914_cherryslimline.jpg

cherry slimline with morado and blackwood accents finish is ca/blo
comments welcome (good or bad)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ahoiberg

nice one harold, very retro looking to me. i just got done working with some cherry also, nice wood. so, was the piece of morado you made the end from really small when you mounted it or did you mount a bigger piece and just turn a small portion of it? and sorry, one more question, did you chuck the morado or just center it and turn the middle part or something? i've been wanting to do one of those custom end jobbers!

thanks.

splinter99

ahoiberg...I put a pen blank of morado in a scroll chuck and turned off of the end..
just keep checking with calipers..It was the first time I ever tried it and it was an after thought..or I would have used the same wood for the center band..I think I;ll try a few more

LEAP

Neat, looks like a small cigar pen. Just personal preference but the top might look better with a smoother transition to the upper barrel. Nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom