Cherry with Rhodium

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnGreco

JohnGreco

I love the warmth of Cherry and thought it added great color to the Rhodium hardware. Definitely a favorite of mine so far, but then again most of them are :)

I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• IMG_5235c.jpg
    IMG_5235c.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 296
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Hey, I just went and looked, I got a pile of Black Cherry blanks in my stash! I'd forgot all about them until I saw this topic and how great this finished timber looks....guess I know what I'll be doing after I get done with that list of "Honey-do's"!?!?!

BTW, your fit-n-finish look perfect!

Scott (cherry, the forgotten beauty) B

JohnGreco

Thanks, folks :)

The kit is a Tycoon from PSI. Good feel and weight to it and a nice option for a mid-range kit. If you get one, thread the tip into the couplers before pressing them, otherwise the threads tend to collapse in on themselves :/

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
I've never noticed that issue on the Navigator from Woodcraft or the Jr. Gent II from CSUSA! Is PSI using plastic instead of brass, or am I missunderstanding your statement?

Thanks, folks :)

The kit is a Tycoon from PSI. Good feel and weight to it and a nice option for a mid-range kit. If you get one, thread the tip into the couplers before pressing them, otherwise the threads tend to collapse in on themselves :/

JohnGreco

Yep, the black threads you see on the body are plastic and the outer edge isn't reinforced by the inner brass. That said, the cap feels really nice screwing it on- I just wish they only had the internal cap threads made from plastic. I don't like the metal-on-metal feel of threads personally.

Top Bottom