See more from ctEaglesc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
This is one of those modifications that I have been "tweeking"
The kit is a PK MON Par(8mm eurostyle)
It is made essentially like the 7mm version but hte transmission ring has to be ground down.
Found a new method to make custom finials.(details to follow)
I just used sanding sealer one coat of lacquer and TSW.
blackwood accents.
Comments encouraged].(please don't tell me what you are having for dinner)[^]

11234833_Antler%20cherry%20Parker%20Longwood%20001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Would it be possible to further modify it to be closed end? I'm not particularly fond of the shape at the lower end of the antler as it doesn't seem to flow with the lines of the cherry. Btw, nice figure in the cherry.

Oh, and since you don't want to know what's for dinner, I'll tell you that apple pie is for dessert [;)]

alamocdc

Eagle, I like the concept, but I'm not sure I like the shape of the pen. It's like it is trying too hard or something. I hope that makes sense. And Stan is right... that's a really nice looking piece of Cherry. I love the antler on it's own, but then it looses something. But that's just me. Someone else will probably just love it, and that's more than okay.

mick

Eagle, I'm liking it.....except for the concave area of antler near the centerband.......I'm still debating on that! The Cherry and Antler look fantastic together and I really like the way the nib end flares out and tucks back into the nib. Is the 8mm euro noticeably larger than the 7mm? I've never made one.
Are you sure you don't want to know what I had for dinner?.....It was real good!

Ron Mc

I like this idea. Actually I don't think the shape problem is in the antler at all. I personally feel that this idea would flow beautifully if the cherry didn't have the added ridge near the nib! Just a thought.

gerryr

That looks like a great idea. Maybe the problem with the cherry part is that the wood next to the nib has a larger diameter than the wood next to the blackwood, or at least it appears that way. If I cover up that part of the pen on my monitor, I think the rest of it flows quite well. The finial looks good, but almost looks like different wood?

DocStram

Here are my comments ..... but, remember who they're coming from ... the I like the combination of materials. I have two other thoughts about the pen:
a. I'm not a big fan of the blackwood.
b. I'm wondering how the pen would look <b>without</b> the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom