Cherry Burl on a Majestic - this is a big pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Leviblue

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I tried my first large pen. Man is this a big pen!:eek:

This is a Cherry Burl that was slightly punky with knots. I wasn't sure it was going to stay together, but the thin CA did it's job.
It has 6 coats of CA/BLO and polished with Novus 2 to keep the satin finish. No MM was used or harmed in this process.
I wanted to keep the natural look and feel of the cherry. Over all I think it came out pretty well.

I'd like your feedback on the pen. The photos are still a work in progress for me.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Cherry Burl Majestic1.jpg
    Cherry Burl Majestic1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 292
  • Cherry Burl Majestic2.jpg
    Cherry Burl Majestic2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

The Majestic IS a big pen, but it sure looks good displayed on the desktop. And yet when you write with it, it's still comfortable due to the cap not being postable, which would make it very top-heavy.

76winger

As for you photos, the pen looks good, but you're a little off on the focus and the sharp shadow behind the pen distracts from its beauty.

I had the same shadow problem until I started using multiple lights on the sides and top-front, and did away with using the flash on the camera. another option would be using natural indirect light coming through a window if you're able to positing your photographing area near one.

Good luck and we'll be looking for more from you!

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for the feedback and for taking a look. I like the kits, just need to save up for another one or two or three....

Top Bottom