Cherry Burl Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

This is probably my favorite pen so far. The wood is just wonderful and you can almost like see through it...creating a 3D effect.

Pics are quickies taken during lunch break.

2005822181710_P1080709a.jpg

2005822181724_P1080700a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Thanks guys,

By the way...finish is 5 coats of Tung oil (Minwax TO with 25% pure Tung oil added). It is not glass like but I love how it feels. Been drying this for almost 2 weeks now.

Dario

Brian,

You mean you cannot order online from Berea and CSUSA from there? I am sure Bill Baumbeck (Arizona Silhouette) would be willing to help you out on this at least on Berea kits.

Dario

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Let us know about the tung oil finish. How well does it keep it's luster. I use it on bowls that look great but I am wary about pens.

So far my only basis is my daily carry pen. It is a Figured Cherry Baron. The finish is not properly cured when I started using it and it somewhat wore off...but the pen is holding very well and most people who sees it is still complimenting the finish. By my standards it is already banged up but everyone else says otherwise.

Just you'll know, I carry it in my pocket with my car keys and sometimes a few coins. I intentionally am doing this "abuse" to test the finish...and I am impressed if I may say so. So far well worth the curing time needed.

I will try to post a pic of it later under penturning board.

Dario

Thanks guys!

It has turned even a bit richer red now...after putting it under full sun for a week. Texas heat can put a sunburn on almost anything!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom