Cherry Burl Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Hello Everyone
This is my first burl pen. Steve (aka NittanyLion) sent me the great cherry burl blank. I really like the way burl turns and finishes. I turned this cigar a little different by making it a bit fatter on top and a bit of a tear drop on the bottom, I think it's a nice look. I had another first with is pen. I mixed up the top and bottom when I turned them and didn't catch it up till after I had installed the nib and twist holder. I was able to drive both off and return the lower tube to the proper size and refinish it. I'm really happy I was able to get the nib and twist holder off since the blank was so nice. All comments welcome. Thanks for taking the time to look at my work.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 162
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks Charlie, ejjenkin and Steve for your nice comments. Steve I could not have done this pen with out your help it really is an amazing blank.

OZturner

A Beautiful Burl Cigar Dan.
Great Fit and Finish.

I understand and appreciate that a lot of people really like the Well Rounded shaped Pen Body.
My preference though is for a design with a less bulbous shape, so that it doesn't appear like the centre band is acting as an Overtightened Belt around a Rotund Body.
My personal preferences on design, does not detract from the fact that I love your choice of Pen and Blank and your Splended Execution and Craftsmanship.
Congratulations.
Brian.

Last edited:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I'll look forward the blanks hard hat and the meeting next weekend. Thanks for the nice commetns Mike and Brian. I dont normaly like the fatter pen but I thought I would do at least one of my cigar kits that way just to see how it would look and feels.

Sataro

Great job on the pen Dan! Your craftmanship looks great & that burl really sets that pen off!

Top Bottom