Cherry Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveAxelrod

SteveAxelrod

I finally turned a Majestic Jr rollerball using some of the cherry burl I bought on Ebay. After cutting some into pen blanks I cast this set in a deep blue resin.

Attachments

• Cherry Burl & Deep Blue Resin 9(F+).jpg
    Cherry Burl & Deep Blue Resin 9(F+).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 318
  • Cherry Burl & Deep Blue Resin 8(F+).jpg
    Cherry Burl & Deep Blue Resin 8(F+).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Cherry Burl & Deep Blue Resin 10(F+).jpg
    Cherry Burl & Deep Blue Resin 10(F+).jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Cherry Burl & Deep Blue Resin 7(F+).jpg
    Cherry Burl & Deep Blue Resin 7(F+).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 232
  • CherryBurlMajesticJr.jpg
    CherryBurlMajesticJr.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Cherry Burl & Deep Blue Resin 13(F+).jpg
    Cherry Burl & Deep Blue Resin 13(F+).jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Glorious Pen Steve.
Magnificent Cherry Burl, and Blue Casting.
Excellent Profile, Fit and Finish.
Superb Choice of Majestic Jnr. Hardware.
Congratulations,
Brian.

I can's stand it when a pen turner is having this kind of problem. So I am going to help you out. You can just send those to me and I will figure it out for you! ;>) I have a real soft spot for all of the American burls too. We have some beautiful wood right here in the USA that is for sure.

Very nice! I have a soft spot for Cherry burl. Sitting here looking a 3 big chunks I got from another member and trying to figure out what I want to do with it.

I can's stand it when a pen turner is having this kind of problem. So I am going to help you out. You can just send those to me and I will figure it out for you! ;>) I have a real soft spot for all of the American burls too. We have some beautiful wood right here in the USA that is for sure.

Very nice! I have a soft spot for Cherry burl. Sitting here looking a 3 big chunks I got from another member and trying to figure out what I want to do with it.
You sir are a gentleman and I appreciate you looking out. However, I can't in good conscience put this burden on you. Alas I must move forward and let my creativity guide me. The same box with the cherry has ebony in it and I appear to have some aluminum sheet too... Hmmmm

Top Bottom