Modified Perfect Fit.
My wife likes that proprietary"bump" I stole also
cherry%20dart.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Center band is african blackwood,
"fancy backround" is a piece of felt purchased at the Daytona flea market last summer for$1.00 for a huge piece.(Bought 5 pieces) I bought it for linging my pen carrying case tha that weighs a ton and don't need any more becasue I got some great cases from Penchetta but he is out of them(whew!)
The remark aboutthe proprieatry bump(stolen) is an inside joke but I am not going there.
I have been putting the bump on pens since I first started turning them.I figure"catologue pens are plentiful I link mine to be different)

Rifleman1776

As always, very fine workmanship. I put the 'bump' on most of my pens. The reason is that I like to leave a lot of wood. Too often though that makes the pen too fat for the comfort of a lot of people. And most people who have held pens with the 'bump' say, "Oh! That's nice." With the bump I can narrow then tip end and make the pen comfortable and the upper portions fat and beautiful. Why turn burl into dust when you can leave it on display?

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
"Why turn burl into dust when you can leave it on display?"
I had never turned any, it was free, and it looks nice,
I may keep this one for a while,
Actually the answer really is
WHY NOT?
Ilike a challengs, this had not been commercially stabilized,I did want try microwave drying, ther are a numder of reasons but I guess I also wanted to make a burl pen that was not "full of plaastic"
Actually I did turn one other that was green whrn i turned it and it shrunk.

melogic

I love the burl woods. I think they show off the true grains of the wood. I just love wood. Beautiful job Eagle! I think the centerband was a very nice added touch.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by Mudder
<br />What is the finish? 3 step or CA?

What? Is your finish a super secret? Answer every question but mine will ya. [}:)]

woodscavenger

I too like the non-stabilized wood challenge. I have done several oak burls and a bunch of big leaf maple. I love them. Nice job on the modification.

alamocdc

Beautiful pen, Eagle! I have yet to turn a stablized blank myself. I've been investigating vacuum systems and will likely get into it, but for now I too enjoy the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom