Cherries Jubilee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

Yes, Jubilee is what I felt when I completed this pen. I cast cherry pits (at the idea of my father) in red transleucent resin. The blank was back painted with black. This took a lot of CA and very little cuts with the tool to keep the centers in the pits. I had no idea what I was getting into when cutting into these. Makes for a unique looking pen.

Attachments

• PA090422.jpg
    PA090422.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 382
  • PA090424.jpg
    PA090424.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 237
  • PA090426.jpg
    PA090426.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 270
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Massive cool point on this one! I've never seen anything like it...really amazing.

ToddMR

Holly cow! That is one fine job there! That looks so amazing. :eek: I know I personally wouldn't be able to pull off something so great. That needs to be on the featured photo imo. You should be very very proud of that pen.

Bobalu

That's really cool Erik. Great idea. I hope the first one is going to your father as thanks for the idea. You realize of course there will be a run on the supermarkets today for cherries. Are they even in season this time of year? :biggrin::biggrin:

Penl8the

Great idea and what an awesome pen. Must be another first - cherry pits. Cherry season is over in Canada. Have remember save the pits next summer.

Thank you for sharing.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Eric, you do some amazing work and this piece rates right up on top. Awesome!

firewhatfire

I planted cherry trees this past spring. Now I need for them to produce something so I can firstly enjoy a bowl of cherries and now something fancy a few months later when the pits dry. Looks like I a few years out from this project.

It's cool looking

Buzzzz4

Thank you! It was definitely the pits to turn, but fun to see the results. I've shown it around a bit, and people are amazed to see things like this in a pen. Fun to see the reactions.

Top Bottom